Stirring of Echoes

Monday, March 21, 2005

W.B Yeats


W.B. Yeats Posted by Hello

If I could only choose ONE poet who has inspired me all these years, I would have to choose W.B. Yeats.
When I first read Yeats, I fell in love with things Irish. So much so that somehow, inside of me, I have this want to visit Sligo. If you're interested in knowing more bout Yeats, you could visit http://www.online-literature.com/yeats

Down the road, I'd share more of Yeats' poems with you among other poets'.
But for now, perhaps, you could ponder over this one, which by the way, also starts off my poetry section of my notebook.

The Coming of Wisdom With Time

Though leaves are many, the root is one;
Through all the lying days of my youth
I swayed my leaves and flowers in the sun;
Now I may wither into the truth.

W.B. Yeats

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home